Your goal – purge unwanted items you don’t want to take and give them away – sort through old clothes, get rid of appliances and household goods no longer in use, donate furniture that is being replaced by a new style or model.
And then you try to donate….
This charity won’t pick up. That charity won’t take beds or toys. The other charity will pick up, but the only available time is at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday – when you need to pick up your kids and take them to soccer practice.
Oh maybe you will just call a hauler, who can take it to the dump…..
Or, you can utilize the service Cummings Moving Company has developed to help our customers ease some of the stress that comes with moving.
We currently work with four non profit agencies, to which we donate items on behalf of our customers. WE DO NOT CHARGE THE ORGANIZATIONS FOR ANY OF THESE SERVICES.
Shelter Network – www.shelternetwork.org
Shelter Network is committed to providing housing and support services that create opportunities for homeless families and individuals to re-establish self-sufficiency and to return to permanent homes of their own. They provide basic necessities – food, clothing, etc.; job retraining; counseling; and children’s programs. They maintain six live in facilities and numerous outreach programs.
Society of St. Vincent DePaul of San Mateo County – www.svdp-sanmateoco.org
Helps the homeless, poor, seniors, and unemployed with basic emotional, financial, and nutritional assistance
Jewish Family and Children Services – www.jfcs.org
Services include mental health counseling, Seniors•At•Home, Adoption Connection, Parents Place Family Resource Centers, Emergency Family Assistance, Services for People with Disabilities, Palliative and End of Life Care Services, Refugee Resettlement and Immigration, and youth development programs.
San Francisco Food Bank – www.sffoodbank.org
In San Francisco, 150,000 people struggle each day to feed themselves and their families. One out of every four children cannot count on the daily meals they need to lead healthy, productive lives. With time getting tighter, as well as a growing financial burden on our community, these numbers are dramatically increasing.
Sound good so far? Well, here’s how it works….
- Let us know what you want us to take away.
- The items need to be in usable condition – not soiled, broken, or in disrepair.
- If you are donating food, it must be non-perishable, unopened, unspoiled, and within it’s printed expiration date
- Please list contents of packed boxes to the best of your ability.
- We will take them away on packing day, if applicable, or moving day.
- If it’s just 1-2 items, we will do it at no charge.
- If its 5-10 items/boxes, we charge $50.
- If it’s 10 items/boxes or more, we charge $75.00.
- If you are donating 10 or more items, please give the office advance notice, so that we can arrange adequate space.
- If you need a receipt for tax purposes, simply call our office.
And this is what we can take….
- Clothing – in wearable condition for men, women, and children
- Shoes – in wearable condition for men, women, and children
- Household goods – kitchen utensils, pots, pans, linens
- School supplies, arts & crafts supplies
- Educational toys that are like-new
- Household furniture
- Decorative items such as knickknacks, mirrors, framed art, vases, etc.
- Twin and double mattresses and frames
- Small electronics – toasters, microwaves, lamps, clocks
- Office supplies
- Non perishable food that is unopened and unexpired
There’s little we can’t take…
- Soiled, torn, or excessively worn furniture
- Broken items
- Queen and King Size beds
- Furniture that is moldy, mildewed, or infested
- Stained or torn clothing
And it’s as simple as that. Your mission is accomplished. You’ve purged, downsized, and organized. Your unwanted belongings are headed towards a useful purpose and NOT to the landfill.
Cummings Moving Company | Residential & Small Business Moving & Storage | San Francisco Movers
Cummings Moving Company is a family owned and operated moving & storage company proud of its well-established reputation in San Francisco and throughout the region – reflected in their extended residential, small business and Realtor referrals. The company is a female, minority, and veteran-owned and operated moving company with over 45 years of exceptional client service – spanning the entire country and beyond. For more information about quality, stress-free moving, in San Francisco please call 415-387-4000 or from the Peninsula call 650-629-3000. Request a Free Moving Quote HERE or continue to explore our website and San Francisco Blog.
The advice on our website and blog is provided as a courtesy and is intended for informational purposes only. It is offered as-is with no warranty expressed or implied. We hope it provides you with helpful information that you can use.