Let’s face it, sometimes you just need more space! It may be time to rent a small business storage space. Productivity, morale, and profitability can all suffer in the presence of too much chaos. It is important to know the difference between “being penny wise and pound foolish.” Perhaps things have gone too far!
Being a good steward of your company’s resources means looking at the BIG picture. Smart and savvy business owners know when it is time to leverage the benefits an off-site storage company can offer. We wonder if you recognize anyone you know in the following list.
10 Best reasons to Rent a Storage Space for Your Business
- Moving May Not Be an Option – When you are locked into a small business lease and need that extra storage space until you are able to move to a larger facility… It’s time to rent commercial business storage space!
- Budget Constraints – When you need to downsize for a year or two and want to store that expensive conference table and extra furniture… It’s time to rent small business storage space!
- Excess or Bulky Inventory – When construction companies, kitchen cabinet or furniture makers, have an overrun in inventory or large items that consume square footage… It’s time to rent small business storage space!
- Seasonal Inventory – When, as a retail store, caterer, you require storage for transitional, seasonal, overstock and over-sized inventory… It’s time to rent small business storage space!
- Showroom Services & Sample Storage – When interior designers, real estate agents, home stagers and furniture manufacturers need extra space to warehouse their samples… It’s time to rent small business storage space!
- Business Growth – When your business has a sudden growth spurt, you’ve moved in more furniture and additional team members, and your office space is busting at the seams… It’s time to rent small business storage space!
- Warehouse Overflow & Delivery Resources – When you are ready to take on additional inventory, and need the warehouse space, trucks and trusted personnel to store and transport it to the customer or job site (B2B & residential delivery)… It’s time to rent small business storage space!
- Document Storage – When your filing cabinets have given way to boxes stacked all over the office floor, it’s too soon to shred and you have no more room to archive your paper files… It’s time to rent small business storage space!
- Starting a Business – When you have a “start-up” that’s outgrown your garage and moved into a tiny office in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, or some other pricey area in the country, and you need a way to grow that won’t break the bank… It’s time to rent small business storage space!
- Your Garage is Full – When you have an office and yet STILL manage to fill your garage and home storage shed with all sorts of extraneous business-related things… It’s time to rent small business storage space!
What to Look for When You Rent Storage for Your Business
When looking to rent a small storage facility for your business, remember, all storage companies are NOT created equal. Make sure you compare apples to apples as you weigh the benefits of each company you consider. There are several key things to take into account. Take a look at this handy list and make sure to inquire about the items that are important to you.
Keep This List Handy When Renting Small Business Storage
- Long & Short-term Storage
- Residential & Small Business Storage
- Private Warehouse Building
- Clean, Dry & Well Organized
- Individual Storage Lockers/Vaults
- Well Lit & Accessible
- Alarmed, Safe & Fully Secure
- Sprinkler Equipped
- Professional, helpful & friendly staff
Cummings Moving Company | Residential & Small Business Moving & Storage | San Francisco Movers
Cummings Moving Company is a family owned and operated moving & storage company proud of its well-established reputation in San Francisco and throughout the region – reflected in their extended residential, small business and Realtor referrals. The company is a female, minority, and veteran-owned and operated moving company with over 45 years of exceptional client service – spanning the entire country and beyond. For more information about quality, stress-free moving, in San Francisco please call 415-387-4000 or from the Peninsula call 650-629-3000. Request a Free Moving Quote HERE or continue to explore our website and San Francisco Blog.
The advice on our website and blog is provided as a courtesy and is intended for informational purposes only. It is offered as-is with no warranty expressed or implied. We hope it provides you with helpful information that you can use.
Photo Credit – A special thank you to Lee Abel for her wonderful photos of Cummings Moving Company in action.