1 Day Before Your Move – Checklist
LAST MINUTE TO-DO’S
- Double check your “Open First Box” this is the LAST box to go on the truck and the FIRST one to come off. If you missed this step see what you can still gather – the checklist is here. You can always take this box in the car if there is still room.
- Remember that heat and moisture can be retained in your TV and electronic components. Turn off and unplug these at least 24hrs before your move. The same goes for computers. Now is the time to disassemble all the toys. Let them cool to room temp before you pack them for transit. It is always best to refer to the manufacturer’s guide for special packing instructions and temperature restrictions.
- Make one last sweep though the house, garage, attic, basement and storage. This time, do it with a friend. Have THEM check all the places where something might be squirreled or secreted away.
PREPARE FOR THE MOVERS
- Do your best to remove all obstructions curbside, outside in entry so that it’s safe and easy for your helpers or professional movers to get in and out of your house.
- Planters should be moved away from the front porch, walkways and driveways.
- Remove all door mats and throw rugs.
- Move low-hanging items such as wind chimes or hanging plants.
- Tie up all low-hanging light fixtures that hang from the ceiling.
- Make the loading process easy and disconnect the spring on the screen door if you have one.
- Have a clear understanding of your paperwork. If you have a question, please bring it up to the lead mover on your crew right away or call the main office of your moving company.