Anyone who has undergone a big move understands the potential for a hectic and stressful experience. While there is no foolproof way to ensure that setbacks and stress don’t show their face during the moving process, hiring movers is a positive and beneficial option that could lessen the weight of an already heavy process. When using movers, it is essential to be well prepared and informed of your duties as a client and their responsibilities as professionals. In this blog post, we will briefly present 7 things that anyone relocating should be aware of before moving day rolls around.
1. Have everything packed and ready for the moving company: Unless previous arrangements have been made allowing the experts from Cummings Moving Company to pack your belongings before physically relocating them, please have all of your items securely packed upon their arrival. All possessions other than furniture should be put in industry standard moving boxes, securely taped up and ready to go on moving day. The more prepared you are, the more efficient we as movers can be in moving you. Remember, if you think you might need help packing, let the staff at Cummings Moving Company know and a quote can be prepared for you well in advance of moving day.
2. Leave them hanging: On moving day, Cummings Moving Company will bring wardrobe boxes, free of charge, for hanging items from your closets. Clothes and coats can be left in closets until the day of your move when they’ll be transferred to the wardrobe boxes. You can also leave lightweight items such as clothes or linens in dresser drawers.
3. Protect your high tech toys: We have all invested our time and money into our electronic toys and during a move, it is imperative to keep those investments protected and secure. Be sure to pack all electronic equipment in sturdy boxes to ensure safe travel during the move.
4. Mirror, mirror on the wall: We commonly hear horror stories of broken mirrors and shattered glass picture frames that have met trash can fates during a big move. To avoid seeing your valued home decor in the dumpster down the street, we suggest that mirrors and pictures over 3 feet are left on the wall for the movers to wrap and secure properly on the day of the move. This will save you the stress of losing a beloved item.
5. Do you have a love for botany? Everyone has a house plant or two, even if we aren’t quite qualified for gardening. But if you have an extensive green thumb and more than a few plants, please let Cummings Moving Company know in advance so proper preparations can be made. Additionally, it’s best NOT to water potted plants for at least 3 days prior to your moving date.
6. Don’t move with open liquids: Throw away or use open liquid items from your refrigerator, e.g. cartons of milk, or any items that can leak or spill and cause damage to other goods including bathroom items such as shampoos.
7. Do I tip my movers? Tips are not expected, but are always appreciated for a job well done. If you are happy with the way your move is handled and choose to show your appreciation to the crew by tipping them, then please feel free to do so.
Cummings Moving Company | Residential & Small Business Moving & Storage | San Francisco Movers
Cummings Moving Company is a family owned and operated moving & storage company proud of its well-established reputation in San Francisco and throughout the region – reflected in their extended residential, small business and Realtor referrals. The company is a female, minority, and veteran-owned and operated moving company with over 45 years of exceptional client service – spanning the entire country and beyond. For more information about quality, stress-free moving, in San Francisco please call 415-387-4000 or from the Peninsula call 650-629-3000. Request a Free Moving Quote HERE or continue to explore our website and San Francisco Blog.
The advice on our website and blog is provided as a courtesy and is intended for informational purposes only. It is offered as-is with no warranty expressed or implied. We hope it provides you with helpful information that you can use.